Benefits of Training
At npower Business Solutions, we understand that energy management is essential to enable you to use energy efficiently and not waste money. This isn’t just something we say, it’s something that we do ourselves. Our own Energy Management team are committed to following best practice and trialling new innovations. Our performance has helped us become the first UK major energy company to gain ISO 50001 accreditation and also the prestigious Carbon Trust Triple Standard certification.
We’ve benefitted in many ways from our energy management programme. For example:
- Our staff feel more engaged and value working for an environmentally progressive company
- We’ve achieved annual energy savings of £2.2M
- We’ve reduced our carbon footprint by 16,000 tonnes
- Our energy-saving heating and lighting controls create a more comfortable working environment
- The more efficient use of equipment reduces wear and tear, resulting in lower running costs
- Our energy management approach supports our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) goals
- We’ve benefitted from positive PR around our environmental achievements
One of the best and quickest ways to increase energy efficiency is to engage your staff. Once empowered, your employees are best placed to identify key energy efficiencies and make them happen. Even something as simple as switching computers from standby to off can make a difference across sites, over time. The smallest efficiency measures all add up to deliver savings and reduce CO2 emissions for any organisation.
Staff who have undertaken our training are more environmentally aware and can more ably support your energy management goals. The npower Business Solutions qualifications deliver benefits for both individuals and their employers.
The Foundation level is suitable for all employees , no matter what their role is, as everyone has a part to play in improving the energy management of an organisation. The Champion through to Masters levels become increasingly specialist to drive best practice.
Find out more about the benefits of energy management by reading our case studies.